Monday, January 28, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by Lori, so here goes... (and these are in no particular order - just be aware!)

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. Adoption and how it is now a part of my life
2. Animal welfare
3. My own personal spirituality
4. Good food and good wine
5. My family & friends
6. Making a difference - it's time
7. Wool socks - I love them (especially SmartWool)
8. Politics (Unfortunately. It would be so much easier if I didn't care, but then I'd be one of those people who doesn't vote. I loathe people who don't vote.)

8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Go back to Ethiopia
2. Adopt another child
3. Have a job where I am making a difference in the world
4. Travel, travel, travel (including across the US & Canada - especially Alaska- in an RV with Kevin - it's our dream)
5. Eat at the best restaurant in the world - whatever that is (any suggestions?)
6. Write a book- fiction? non-fiction? Not sure
7. Finish my masters degree (perpetually only one thesis away!)
8. Be there when my grandchildren are born

8 things I say often:
1. Did you poop?
2. Hammie, stop barking! The baby is sleeping!
3. What do you want for dinner? (or, more likely, What are you making for dinner?)
4. I need a new book
5. "In the great green room, there was a telephone, and a red balloon..."
6. No! Don't give kissy-face to the dog!
7. BEANS! (I usually say this when going in to Micah's room when he wakes up - we think it's funny.)
8. So Big! (Micah is addicted to So Big and I have to say it every time he raises his arms up, which is a lot.)

8 TV shows I recently watched:
1. Family Guy (I know - totally offensive, but it's funny)
2. The Office (we just started tivo-ing the Office - I love it!)
3. Ace of Cakes
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. The Backyardigans (I love this show)
6. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (That's right - I'm not afraid to say it - I LOVE THE FRESH PRINCE! Really - it's on Nick at Nite and sometimes I am up in the middle of the night, you know.)
7. Project Runway
8. The morning news (is that a show? does it count?)

8 Songs I never tire of listening to:
1. Come Away with Me - Norah Jones
2. Another State of Mind - Social Distortion
3. Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
4. The Boy with the Arab Strap - Belle & Sebastian
5. Sixteen Military Wives - The Decemberists
6. Polyester Bride - Liz Phair
7. Pretty in Pink - the Psychedelic Furs
8. New Slang - the Shins

8 things that attract me to my friends:
1. Sense of humor
2. Sense of the world outside of themselves
3. Passion - about something that matters
4. Balance - I'm attracted to people who balance me and I them
5. Ability to let go and have a good time
6. Honesty
7. Dependability
8. The ability to talk for hours on the phone about nothing

8 Things I learned in 2007:
1. Being a mom is not easy
2. Being a mom is amazing
3. I actually like this blog stuff (who would have thought?)
4. Changing a poopy diaper in near darkness is not the best idea
5. Exersaucers and highchairs cause poo explosions
6. I love Ethiopia - the people and the place
7. Moms put a lot of pressure on themselves (well, I do at least and I'm learning that it's not just me)
8. Teething sucks

So, there you have it. That was harder than I thought. I was going to tag Jocelyn because she announced to the world at Lori's blog that she hates being tagged. But after doing this, I realized that she has much too much going on to think about all of this. (Unless you need a break Jocelyn -then you can pretend I tagged you.) The eight people I am tagging are Mrs. B, Misty, The Mixons (newbies!), Annie, Nell Ann, Jenni, Mike & Jo, and Tanya (although her link isn't working?). Have fun!

8 comments:

  1. You are good at these things:-)
    Thanks for sparing me...I couldn't tell you my name half of the time these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder Pets, wonder pets, we're on our way! Forget the Backyardigans...Wonder Pets are WAY cooler.

    Can you tell I'm a new mom with a new favorite channel? Noggin rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on filling yours out... I haven't even tried yet. As for Fresh Prince. Yikes. Although I haven't seen it for FOREVER, I could still sing the theme song- "Innnn West Philadelphia born and raised..." See what I meant by yikes? Now it's stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I love your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I am so with you on "in the great green room there was a..."

    That is our last book every night before bed and I tell you what, it is so soothing it almost puts me down!

    And enjoy the office - I think I can recite most of the eps verbatim from memory I've seen them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a HUGE Belle & Sebastian fan, I couldn't agree more - what a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm the sister of Sara from Mixon Mania, and I've been lurking on your adorable blog (and admiring your beautiful baby!). I must weigh in on your restaurant comment with 2 great ones to possibly add to your list. First, Enoteca Pinchiorri in Florence, Italy, and Per Se in New York City. Both awesome restaurants (and great cities!) for a huuuuuuuuge splurge. Maybe some day, right?

    ReplyDelete