Friday, October 26, 2007

Micah's on the Move

Just wanted to post and share that Micah has started rolling - everywhere. He used to be very content to stay on his back... well, content for about 5 minutes and then he would get upset and want us to pick him up. Everyone said we should just leave him... everyone except our pediatrician and our Parent Educator - they said he needed us to pick him up and he wouldn't always need that, but for now, go ahead and soothe him. That all felt right to me, so that's the advice we followed (besides - they're experts). And now - he's done it - he's moving, rolling and, really in two short days, figuring out that he can move and that it's fun! It is amazing to watch him figure this stuff out. So now, all of a sudden, he is content to roll around and play- for much longer than 5 minutes. Kevin and I were laying down with him tonight and he actually got mad if we were in his way :) Not mad that we weren't picking him up, but that he couldn't keep rolling! So cute. (We moved, of course!) So, I just had to share this because I'm a pretty proud mama right now!

Sorry no pics yet of him rolling - but I'm working on it. I do have video, but I have to figure out how to share video first! So, since I hate to post without a picture, here's a cute one from a couple of weeks ago.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I bet it is so cute to see him rolling around!Watch out momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deer in the headlights look. He's so adorable though just about any look would be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the deer in the headlights look. He's so adorable though just about any look would be cute!

    ReplyDelete