Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Four Years Ago...

...we got married! Four years ago today was our beautiful wedding day. We had our wedding at the City Museum - in the Architecture Hall. It was so much fun. I just realized (after looking at the website) that they have a picture from our day on their website. Very cool...

Our reception was at Windows off Washington - which is on the top floor of the City Museum. We had such a fun night- and the funniest part of it was that, five minutes until the band was to be finished and the bar was to close, there was a fire on the second floor! (We were on the 10th floor). This is only funny because no one was hurt - it wasn't that serious. I was a bit scared at first of course! I remember finding Kevin and then we rode the elevator down - ummm... not something you're supposed to do when there is a fire - right? Oh well, we made it anyway... here are some shots from the scene on the street after fleeing the building!

Kevin thought it was very funny to have the fire department at our wedding!

I was still in a bit of shock!

So, it was a wonderful day, but what has been most wonderful is the past four years (or seven total if you're counting). We have had some ups and downs, but we've made it through them and are stronger because of them. I feel so lucky to have found Kevin - he is my best friend, he makes me laugh at least once a day, and he is so caring and supportive. My favorite thing about my husband is that he is not afraid to have fun - be goofy and just laugh.

And, now I am lucky enough to share parenthood with him, and again, he is amazing. Micah lights up when he comes home and Kevin does the same when he sees his son. Kevin will do anything (including wear a bumbo on his head) to make that baby smile and I just love watching the two of them together. They are my guys and I am one happy girl. :)

9 comments:

  1. You are both so lucky!! Happy anniversary to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary from the Rogal family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Happy Anniversary Kevin and Stacie!! I love looking at wedding photos. That is an interesting story about the fire that you'll never forget.
    Enjoy your fourth year married with little Micah!
    Cheers-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your wedding photos and fire story...definitely one worth retelling! Praying your next year will be full of many more happy memories-in-the-making!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the cheesy gushy stuff. Isn't marriage the best thing in the whole wide world? I'm sure that parenting comes in at a close second...will find out soon enough. Congrats to you guys and Happy Anniversary. Your first one as parents! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Your wedding sounds like a great memory!

    ReplyDelete