Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Books

I've recently read two books that I want to share. Probably lots of you have already read them, but they are both inspiring in different ways.

The first is What is the What by David Eggers. It is the story of Valentino Achak Deng - one of the lost boys from Sudan. I wish I could put into words how amazing this book is. But, just read it and then you'll understand.

The second I just finished is Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. It is the story of a man who builds schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Although the writing in this book is not as good as in What is the What, it is still a very powerful and uplifting story. This man's courage and determination are amazing.

And, finally, I leave you with my recommendations for some books for baby. Actually, I'm surprised that Tasha has not clued you all into these. Maybe she has and I've missed it. (Tash- get on it!) They are the Baby Be of Use Four-Book Bundle. These books will help your little one learn "his or her way around banking, car repair, breakfast preparation, and drink-mixing." I just had to share these because they gave me a good laugh! And, they'd make a perfect gift- don't you think? :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I happened upon your blog when looking through CHI's website....

    My husband and I attended a lecture given by Greg Mortenson about a month ago- certainly not the most motivational speaker, but I would agree wholeheartedly with the message he is sending out. What an amazing journey he's on, 'eh?

    Keep on reading- and here's to hoping that someone gets you those fabulous looking children's books! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the What is a fab book. It's so intense and sad but I think everyone should read it!

    ReplyDelete