Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let the Paperchase Begin!

My head is swimming! This week we received our dossier packet from our LICENSED agency (still excited about that!) and we're getting started on gathering all of our paperwork. (I keep thinking of a post over at the Ethiopian Adoption Blog where Mary said she eats paperwork for breakfast :) - I'm hoping I can have that attitude for the next month!)

We have our fingerprint appointments next Monday and CIS in MO is running at about 4-6 weeks from the time we turned in the I600a, which would mean we could get approval back by early or mid-May. If we can have our dossier together by then, it will be sent along to the state departments and embassies, and then on to Ethiopia! Is it possible that we could get our referral and have our adoption go through the courts before they close?? And, can anyone tell me exactly when the courts do close? I'm a little lost on that one. I'm suddenly thinking that, just in cases (I'm quoting from the movie Love Actually for you grammar-hounds out there), we should pick a paint color and start registering!! Let me say this: we would be thrilled if we could bring our babe(s) home this summer, but just as thrilled if they come home next fall. I know this, just like the licensing, will happen all in God's time and I keep reminding myself that He has a plan. In the meantime, I'll start my breakfast of paperwork! EEK!

2 comments:

  1. Stacie--I heard the courts were closed from July to mid-Sept (don't quote me on that because I have so much info in my head right now, it's hard to sort out). I'm still awaiting my dossier packet (hopefully today!) so you are ahead in paperwork. So please blog about every step so I'll know what to do! Hahaha.--Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh yes! You are on your way! Yah!

    ReplyDelete