We are so excited about this - I can't even believe it!
Today we received our fingerprint clearance in the mail!!
(Now I won't have to stalk the mailbox.) This is amazing because we had our fingerprints taken last Monday (4/16) and were told we could expect the results in about a month. Or... maybe in a week and a half! This was the last thing we were waiting for. I had planned on having all of our dossier paperwork certified by the Secretary of State before this came, but now I can have it done all at once.
- Meet with Erin on Friday to have her approve our dossier paperwork before I send it to the Secretary of State
- Take the paperwork to the Secretary of State's office for certification (This could take 1 day or could take a week)
- Send our dossier (via CHI courier) to the Department of State (in DC) and the Ethiopian Embassy. (This takes 1-2 weeks normally)
- CHI will then send our dossier off to Ethiopia where our in country representative will translate it and take it to the appropriate ministries.
- We wait for our referral and then we travel!!! (Please excuse excessive amounts of exclamation marks- I have a problem :)
And, after we received this good news today, we watched American Idol (that's right - I'm admitting it) and I cried through the whole thing. I'm still about to cry. It was extremely moving and they had raised at least $30 million and were still taking donations. Amazing.