Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am sad to say that I was a terrible photographer yesterday and did not really get many good pictures from Micah's first Thanksgiving. We had lunch at our house with my mom, her friend Gary, and my Aunt Terry. Then later that afternoon we went to Papa & Grandma K's house for their dinner (although we only had dessert - still pretty full from our first meal), so it was a busy day. I have to give credit to my husband who cooked the ENTIRE meal at our house and then stayed behind to clean up the ENTIRE mess while I left with Micah so he could meet his cousins at my Dad's house. Kevin is amazing. I am very thankful for having such a wonderful husband. (And an amazing son, of course!)

Anyway... here are some pictures

Micah & Mimi.
Notice his shirt that says, "My Grandma is hot" I thought it was funny. So did Mimi.

His first turkey!
(You can't really see it because he ate all of it pretty quickly - and because I was too slow with the camera.)

Here he is at Grandma K & Papa's house - with my cousin.
(I swear he was smiling one second before I took this picture.)

He got a new toy at Grandma K & Papa's house. He loved it - so cute. And, you can see his two cutie teeth in this one.

Laughing with Uncle Ryan. They crack each other up.
(He had soaked his jams with his new sippy cup, so Uncle Ryan had unzipped them for him - in case you were wondering, he's not going for that 1970's unzipped look here.)

So, although it was a busy day, it was also a fun day. Micah was a big hit with all of my cousin's daughters (all teenagers). At one point, one of the girls turned to me and said, "I think he is the cutest baby I've ever seen." Me too. :)

1 comment:

  1. The Roman Writer-Lucas writes,

    "Ethiopians, being in all else wiser than other men. They invented Astrology and taught it to the Egyptians."


    Diodoros of Sicily writes,

    "The Ethiopians were the first of all men."
    "From Ethiopians as from their authors, and ancestors, the Egyptians get most of their laws. It is from them the Egyptians have learned to honor kings as Gods and bury them with such pomp, sculpture and writes. Egyptians also have learned from Ethiopians such as...."
    "The Ethiopians manifestly enjoy the favour of the Gods and although many and powerful rulers have made war upon them, not one of these has succeeded in his understanding. ..."


    Herodutos writes,

    “The Ethiopians are said to be the tallest and best looking people in the world.


    The Prophet Muhammad writes among the others,

    "The Ethiopians are the righteous people. Go to Ethiopia. Go to that righteous land where no one is wrong."

    This could be the reason God make all possible you be able to go to Ethiopia to find your lifetime change that could be one of the main reasons you Micha's parents being born and married after finding each other.
    This could be the reason why your son is so cute/good looking. This could be the reason he is born in Ethiopia to be rescued by the wonderful parents/human beings you are to love him unconditionally and to raise him the best way as much as you can.

    your blog is a honest, happy and wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete