This post has no point - I just want to ramble about some things - For your convenience, I will bullet-point my rambles.
*Today Micah was literally dancing in his highchair! A new adoption friend sent us some cds- some Dan Zane and by Father Goose. So, I popped in Father Goose (mainly because of the name and also because my grade school music teacher, Sheryl Crow - [that's right - Sheryl Crow was my music teacher - we had bus duty together] was on the second track. The first track is great- and Micah was loving it! Thanks new adoption friend - we LOVE the cds.
*A couple of posts back Amy asked if I had hair secrets because I talk about doing Micah's hair. Unfortunately, I don't have any super secrets. I use a detangling spray (thanks Jen for the recommendation) because the hair on the back of his head gets pretty tangly. And I also use Burt's Bee's oil to make his curls all beautiful. I have baby fine hair - seriously, I know two-year -olds with more hair on their head - so, thick, beautiful, curly hair is like a dream come true for me - so I'll continue to enjoy "doing" his hair until we cut it. Oh - and I've also ordered this product based on another recommendation, so I'll let you all know how we like it - it should be here any day now...
* Micah is a spitter and it is getting worse! He used to spit up some, but now he is spitting up all the time. All. The. Time. I wear my ugly crocs a lot because, for some reason, it always ends up on my shoes and the floor (I can just rinse out the crocs). (Nice boy - he leans over to spit up when I'm holding him.) I've started added rice cereal to his bottles to help (I read that it might help) but that seems to be making it worse. Any advice? We need help!
* Yesterday I went in to CHI and dropped off a letter for Micah's Ethiopian Mom. I really do hope she receives it and that it makes her happy to hear how he is doing and to see pictures of him. I would love it if I could continue to send these letters and pictures, but I will understand if she chooses not to receive them. Since I dropped it off, I've been thinking a lot about her.
* It is really hard to find baby products without Petrolatum in them. Petrolatum (aka mineral oil) is defined as "colorless to yellowish-white hydrocarbon mixture obtained by fractional distillation of petroleum." That seems kind of scary to me - and I've always tried to avoid it in products that I use on myself, so I surely don't want to use petrolatum products on Micah. And, the baby books say to avoid it when dealing with dry patches (which we are). So, yesterday I went to the health food market and found this product from Desert Essence. It says right on the packaging that is is good for dry patches and is suitable for children. Yippee!
* I just started the book "What is the What" by Dave Eggers. (Thanks Julie for recommending it) It is amazing so far.
* I have finally finished addressing the majority of Micah's announcements. I have 60 ready to go and I'm waiting for a few more addresses. Do you think I overdid it? :)
* This weekend is the BIG game between Ohio State & Michigan. Kevin is a HUGE OSU fan. We were joking the other day about Micah playing for OSU someday (no pressure - only joking) and I asked Kevin what he would do if Micah took a scholarship to Michigan. He answered, without missing a beat, "Then I'd be a Michigan fan." Okay, seriously, that is LOVE.
* I was going to post some pictures, but stupid blogger doesn't seem to be able to upload pictures right now. Next time!