Friday, June 27, 2008

Just a Quick Update

Here is a quick update of our lives these days-

Micah is full-on walking! He really prefers running (no surprise there) but usually ends falling and doing a head stand when he gets going too fast. I wish I had a picture of it. I'll try to get one.

A few days ago I was driving home and saw my neighbors were having a garage sale. I was pretty excited to see a Little Tykes slide in the sale so we ran over and bought ourselves a gently used slide for only $2! Bargain shopping! Micah could barely wait for me to get it home to try it out. He's mastered the technique of climbing up the ladder and sliding down (he laughs when he gets to the bottom).


Micah has officially switched over to one nap. Sometimes he wants to sleep in the morning, but I've learned that if he does, he will not go back down in the afternoon, so I usually try to keep him up until after lunch. It's been a rough transition - I didn't really expect it to be hard on him, but his schedule was crazy for about a week so we had some crabby nights. But, we're all getting used to it now, so all is well.

Last week we went to the Botanical Gardens to listen to jazz under the full moon. It was a beautiful night - although I don't think I even noticed because I was busy running after our toddler the whole night. (Actually Kevin and I took turns.) At one point we wanted to sit and eat our hummus and cheese, so we strapped him in his wagon and bribed him with a lollipop. (All organic from Trader Joes!) He was pretty happy about it...

He had a great time and we had fun too. This is the only other picture I got from the night - I didn't have much time to get the camera out - this boy is seriously on the go!

That's all for now! We have a fun weekend with family ahead so I'll be sure to post pictures soon!

P.S. Congratulations to Lisa & Shawn for their referral of siblings - a girl and a boy!!! They aree super excited so go tell them Congratulations too!


6 comments:

  1. I love the photo of Micah with his lolipop. It looks a little like he's chewing on a piece of straw, like a country boy. So cute. ANd yes, amazing deal on the slide. We'll be yard saling tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I'm all about the lolipop bribes. It makes it ok that they are organic and from TJ's, right? By the way, I'm thrilled about your adoption plans for baby #2! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the slide! much better than the one I bought last year at a garage sale which I think needs painted!

    Can't wait to see the boys walking together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy just gets cuter and cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That slide seems to be quite the deal! We went to go price some outdoorsy equipment for the kids and WOW-expensive. I'm hoping for some garage sales, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stacie!I love the slide!And i love getting a bargain!!Especially now that we will have TWO!!!
    Thanks for the congrats!!

    ReplyDelete