Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One for the Baby Book

If you all will indulge me, I need to do a little post for the Baby Book.  You see, I have these two beautiful books - one for each child - where I'm supposed to actually write things down.  Yeah, that never happens.  So, this blog is essentially the Baby Book.  Sorry kids!  But, here's an update on all things Little in our house.

Lia is now just shy of 18 months and is not just walking but RUNNING.  And she is fast.  She is also talking up a storm.  She has a bunch of words, but her favorites are Mommy, Daddy, Micah, Pickle (one of the dogs), Cheese, Shoes, Elmo, and Gabba.  She is also starting to put words together.  Just today she told her brother to, "GO AWAY!"  It was a heart-warming moment, indeed. 


We recently celebrated LIA DAY!  The first anniversary of the day we met our sweet girl.  We celebrated with a special dinner and cupcakes, along with a new doll stroller (that the kids fight over), and tickets to Yo Gabba Gabba (coming soon!).


We finished the night with a Family Dance Party, which of course made me cry.

Seeing Lia and her dad dancing to her "adoption song," pretty much put me over the edge. 
Lia and Micah are very close.  They fight A LOT, but they also play together and Micah can make Lia laugh like no one else can.  She adores him.  Proof: If you ask Lia for a kiss, she will most likely shake her head "NO."  If Micah asks Lia for a kiss, he ALWAYS gets one.  He's the ONLY one.  Seriously, the girl already knows the power of the word NO.  (I should have added that to the list above - it is definitely one of her favorite words.)  Watching them together melts me when they are being cute.


This might be one of my favorite pictures of the two of them.
Micah has had an eventful summer already.  He has been binky-free for one whole month!  He has never asked about it, but yesterday on our way up to bed, he stopped, looked at me and said, "Mom, I miss binky."  Ack.  That's enough to make me want to run out and buy him one.  Well, not quite enough.  I told him I miss binky too and it is sad.  He told me that he has dreams about binky.  Sweet boy. 

He started his summer by knocking out his two front teeth on Memorial Day.  That was awesome.  Okay, not really.  It was SCARY, but Micah handled it way better than I did.  He apparently pulled them out clean while going down a small water slide at the pool.  You do not want more details than that.  Trust.  But, all is well and his big teeth will come back in about 3 years.  We have plenty of time to get used to this smile...

Disclaimer: Child was eating a chocolate cupcake prior to this picture being taken.  He is not usually so dirty.  Okay, he is, but come on, he's a boy.
That's it for now!  But here is one more picture to tide you over until next time I blog again.  And, let's face it, that could be a while. 

HAPPY SUMMER!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you....blog=baby book. I think our kids will really enjoy it someday! great post!

    ReplyDelete